For Family Review
What Is Wrong With This Picture?
Read Acts 9:36-41. What three features of this drawing are incorrect? Write your answers on the lines below, and complete the picture by coloring it.
What is another name that Tabitha is known by, and what do her names mean?
CLUE: Read the footnote on Acts 9:36 in the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures—With References.
Was Tabitha a selfish person? Explain.
How did the words of Jesus found at Luke 6:38 prove true for Tabitha? How can you imitate her example?
Have each family member think of someone to whom he or she would like to give a gift. Then make a simple item for that person. For example, make a card or a bookmark with a Bible verse on it.
Collect and Learn
Cut out, fold in half, and save
BIBLE CARD 7 PETER
A. Why did Peter begin to sink?
B. Is this statement true or false? Peter remained single.
C. When religious leaders told the apostles to stop teaching, Peter and the other apostles answered: “We must . . . ”
4026 B.C.E. Adam created
Lived during the first century C.E.
98 C.E. Last Bible book written
Lived in Bethsaida and Capernaum
Sea of Galilee
A hardworking fisherman who became one of Jesus’ earliest disciples. Jesus selected Peter as one of his 12 apostles, or sent-forth ones. The four Gospels list more of Peter’s statements than those of any other apostle. Jehovah used him mightily to preach and to ‘strengthen his brothers.’—Luke 22:32; Mark 3:13-19.
A. He gave way to doubt.—Matthew 14:28-31.
Peoples and Lands
4. My name is Antonia. I am eight years old, and I live in Chile, which is in South America. About how many of Jehovah’s Witnesses live in Chile? Is it 69,500, 96,500, or 106,500?
5. Which dot shows where I live? Circle it, draw a dot where you live, and see how close you are to Chile.
Children’s Picture Search
Can you find these pictures in this issue? In your own words, describe what is happening in each picture.
● “FOR FAMILY REVIEW” answers on page 23
ANSWERS TO PAGES 30 AND 31
1. Peter did not stand while praying; he knelt.
2. Women (widows) showed Peter garments Tabitha had made, not pottery.
3. Peter prayed alone, not with people in the room.