For Family Review
What Is Wrong With This Picture?
Read Esther 5:9–6:14. What three features of this drawing are incorrect? Write your answers on the lines below, and complete the picture by coloring it.
Why did Haman hate Mordecai?
Clue: Read Esther 5:9.
Pride led Haman to what wrong conclusion?
Clue: Read Esther 6:6.
What happened to Haman?
Clue: Read Esther 7:9, 10.
How can you avoid being like Haman?
Read the Bible account together. If possible, have one person read the part of the narrator, a second the part of Haman, a third the part of Zeresh and the attendants, and a fourth the part of the king.
Collect and Learn
Cut out, fold in half, and save
BIBLE CARD 4 ESTHER
A. Esther replaced what queen?
B. Complete the Bible’s statement: “Esther was continually gaining . . .”
C. Fill in the blanks. Esther’s Hebrew name was ․․․․․, and her older cousin ․․․․․ became her guardian.
4026 B.C.E. Adam created
Lived circa 400’s B.C.E.
98 C.E. Last Bible book written
Esther lived in Shushan, a city of the Medo-Persian Empire
An orphan who became queen of Persian King Ahasuerus. Esther risked her life to report a plot formed to destroy the Jews. (Esther 4:11, 15, 16) Her courage, tact, and submissive spirit proved more important than her physical beauty.—Esther 2:7; 1 Peter 3:1-5.
B. “. . . favor in the eyes of everyone seeing her.”—Esther 2:15.
C. Hadassah (meaning Myrtle), Mordecai—Esther 2:7.
Peoples and Lands
4. My name is You-Jin. I am 7 years old, and I live in Korea, which is in Asia. About how many of Jehovah’s Witnesses live in Korea? Is it 9,700, 37,900, or 96,600?
5. Which dot shows where I live? Circle it, draw a dot where you live, and see how close you are to Korea.
Children’s Picture Search
Can you find these pictures in this issue? In your own words, describe what is happening in each picture.
● Answers to pages 30 and 31 on page 15
ANSWERS TO PAGES 30 AND 31
1. Mordecai should be riding on the king’s horse, not in a chariot.
2. Mordecai should be wearing the king’s royal apparel, not a common robe.
3. Mordecai rode in the public square of the city, not outside the walls.