How Would You Answer?
EXPLAIN THE PARABLE
1. In Jesus’ parable recorded at Matthew 18:23-35, what does the slave want the king to do for him?
2. How does the first slave treat his fellow slave?
3. Why does the king become angry with the first slave?
▪ For Discussion: When did you last forgive someone? How had he upset you? Why did you forgive him?
WHEN IN HISTORY?
Name the writer(s) of each of the Bible books below, and draw a line connecting the book to the date it was completed.
1513 B.C.E. About 1100 B.C.E. About 56 C.E. About 61 C.E.
WHO AM I?
7. The twins I bore became two nations.
WHO AM I?
8. The lots did not indicate that I should be an apostle.
FROM THIS ISSUE
Answer these questions, and provide the missing Bible verse(s).
Page 3 What health problems will soon be removed? (Isaiah 35:․․․)
Page 11 Why can you believe that permanent good health is possible? (Luke 18:․․․)
Page 20 What were the dimensions of Noah’s ark? (Genesis 6:․․․)
Page 30 What actions should you avoid and what attitudes should you cultivate before considering marriage? (Ephesians 4:․․․)
Children’s Picture Search
Can you find these pictures in this issue? In your own words, describe what is happening in each picture.
(Answers on page 26)
ANSWERS TO PAGE 31
1. Show mercy regarding his debt.
2. Throws him in jail.
3. Because the slave did not show mercy.
4. Moses, 1513 B.C.E.
5. Samuel, about 1100 B.C.E.
6. Luke, about 61 C.E.
7. Rebekah.—Genesis 25:21-23.
8. Barsabbas.—Acts 1:23-26.
[Picture Credit Line on page 31]
Middle circle: Scott Bauer/Agricultural Research Service, USDA